Accountant and Tax Advisor at REMS
Join Malaga's fastest growing company
REMS Group is a dynamic company with big ambitions, based in Malaga City, Spain.
Specialized in real estate services, the company offers a high return on investment assets to its clients remotely by purchasing, redesigning, and managing properties in the most central and valuable locations of Malaga.
Excellence and organization are our mottoes, with an AGILE approach and a young international team ready to face any challenges, grow and establish itself as a leader in the industries we operate.
The accountant takes care of the accounting and tax implications of the three business lines of REMS Group.
What you will do:
- Ensure month-end and year-end close processes, tax declarations and financial statements at required
- Maintain and update working knowledge of tax laws and regulations, including new filing practices, deadlines, and any company-specific information.
- Manage our providers payment and classify all the invoices in our Cloud storage.
- Verify the receipts of our client’s payments and follow-up if necessary.
- Align with the payroll provider to ensure the on-time payment of salaries each month.
- Summarize and report all the staff expenses for approval and refund.
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards (GAAP, FASB), rules, local and federal tax regulations, and systems of internal control.
- Aid in the implementation of new accounting and tax policies, standards and guidelines.
- Prepare financial reports such as quarterly and annual reports, the P&L.
What we are looking for:
- Strong writing and communication skills in English and Spanish (French is a plus).
- Advanced Excel and accounting software (Holded) skills are required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capacity with excellent attention to detail.
- Time management and organization in order to respect strict deadlines.
- Good knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar position.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or a related field is required.
Conditions and benefits
Accountant recruitment process
A quick intro call with our recruiter.
A quick test to predict job performance and company fit.
We conduct in-person or online interviews to get to know you better.
We give you a challenging business scenario and you will have to find a solution.
Final interview with our general manager and a job offer.
Fill in this form and our recruiter will get in touch with you